Thursday, September 22, 2011

Arrived in Georgetown!

Dani and I at the mission house in Georgetown-about 2 blocks from Davis Memorial Hospital
After a few delayed flights but no major mishaps I landed in Guyana this morning just before 7 local time. Made it through customs no problem thanks to the help of an Adventist who works there. LaBore's had given him a heads up that I was coming and he recognized the confused look on my face and the fact that I was the only young white female around. He pointed me in the right directions and I collected my bags and met Laura, Dani, and Smokey outside with no problems. We then traveled from the airport to the mission house where I am now. So far so good! Guyana is very green, humid, but not unbearably hot. We will be here in Georgetown today running some errands. There isn't a Wings for Humanity plane here right now; Laura and Dani hitched a ride when WFH came out for a medivac so we are waiting to see if there will be one tonight or tomorrow or if someone will need to make a special trip out to pick us up tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad for the chance to rest. Time to eat something, and maybe take a nap. Dani wants to take me to Hibiscus, a craft fair/market with AmerIndian crafts this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment