Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where in the world?


Many thanks to Zachri Jensen for creating the snazzy map above. To be quite honest I had no idea where Guyana was when I first heard of it. I thought it was in Africa. Turns out it isn't, Guyana is in South America. It was a British and Dutch colony but gained independence in 1966. The country's official language is English which should make my trip and stay a little easier. Next Tuesday (September 20) I will start my trip to Mabaruma. I will fly from Sacramento to Portland, from Portland to Seattle, Seattle to New York, and arrive in Georgetown (Guyana's capital) Thursday morning. I plan to meet Laura LaBore at the airport and will complete the rest of my journey to Mabaruma on the mission plane.

1 comment:

  1. you're way too cool to be my best friend. praying for you anni:)

    ReplyDelete